The MS Science/Art teacher must be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the science content, as well as have knowledge or experience in art content. The MS Science/Art teacher must have excellent classroom management, as well as have the ability to make learning fun and engaging for all students. The 6th-8th grade middle school Science/Art teacher will work with all students in middle school. The 6th-8th grade middle school Science/Art teacher is responsible for ensuring that all students, regardless of varying abilities, are supported and guided towards academic success within the classroom. The middle school Science/Art teacher must be able to collaborate with other secondary teachers on the best practices for reaching and supporting students. The middle school Science teacher must be able to model how students can achieve success within the science content. This teacher must communicate effectively with parents, staff, and students.
Required Personal Qualities:
● Acknowledge Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior. A commitment to Jesus Christ and His work as evidenced in one's life and in one's relationship by the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. (Galatians 5:22)
● Demonstrate character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility and eager cooperation with staff members, students, parents, church and school administrators.
● Have a pleasing personality - warm and gracious, relating to people in a positive manner.
● Fully agree with the mission statement, statement of faith and philosophy statement of the school.
● Be an adherent or member in good standing of a church with a Statement of Faith in agreement with Life Christian School’s Statement of Faith; and support the church with regular attendance, tithes and offerings.
● Be a Christian separate from worldly habits, such as smoking, drinking, lying, gossiping, immoral conduct and other such activities.
● Endeavor to walk in holiness and temperance to be an example to the students.
● Recognize the role of parents as primarily responsible before God for their children’s education and be prepared to assist them in that task.
● Uphold and follow all policies listed in the staff and student/parent handbooks and contract.
● Reflects the purpose of the school, which is to honor Christ in every class and in every activity.
● Energize and motivate students and adults.
● Plan and organize work.
● Work independently with little direction.
● Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
● Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
● Meet schedules and timelines.
● Administer basic first aid as needed. (LCS provides all staff with this training)
● Project a cooperative, courteous and helpful attitude toward students, staff and the general public.
● Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with those contacted during the performance of required duties, including school personnel, students, parents and the community.
● Maintain regular attendance.
Special Requirements: (Certification, training, specialty skills or previous experience)
1. Valid Oregon teaching license appropriate to the assignment AND/OR ACSI Certification
2. Must demonstrate excellent attendance and punctuality.
3. Willing to work as a member of a team working on planning and organization of student instruction.
Please attach all documents to your application.
Job Contact Information:
Name: Brittany Awil (Principal) Phone: 503-259-1329